The KP-MT(S)/5957-K(S) keypads have been pre-programmed for SINGLE serving line set-ups out of the box. Should you wish to set up the KP-MT(S) keypads in DUAL keypad mode, follow the set-up directions below.
Please make sure to follow these initial instructions:
DO NOT PLUG IN THE 5957-K PINPAD
- Download the Miniterm Pro software: MiniTermPro Install = v9.0
- LOG-IN as an ADMIN with ADMIN privileges
- Run the installer program
NOW PLUG IN THE 5957-K AFTER YOU HAVE INSTALLED THE MINITERM PRO SOFTWARE
- If Windows detects the device and installs the correct drivers, go to step 3. Otherwise, begin with step 1.
Instruction Steps (Note that all disconnecting and reconnecting of the keypad should be done at the computer, NOT at the keypad.)
- To set-up the 5957-K(S) for the STA CDC Virtual COM port mode, follow these steps:
- Unplug the keypad from the computer
- Hold any pair of keys down on the keypad
- Plug the keypad into the computer and release the keys
- Press 7 to enter CDC VIRT COM Mode
- Windows should automatically detect the correct drivers for your device.
- The new COM port installed can be viewed in Windows Device Manager.
- Run the Skyward software and refer to the Skyward documentation for activating DUAL keypad mode and selecting COM ports.
If you continue to have trouble downloading the drivers, please reach out to us at Support@k12sta.com.
If you have trouble setting up the keypads with your Skyward software, please contact Skyward’s hardware department at 800.236.0001